17 June 2013

Quick & Easy Frame Purse

I love these little frame purses!  I've been admiring them for quite a while, but didn't know where to get the frames locally. A couple weeks ago I found some on clearance at JoAnn Fabrics & decided it would be a good way to use up some fabric. 

I snapped up 3 different sizes & colors of frames that day. Once home I headed to etsy, my favorite place for independent designers, and looked for a fun pattern. I liked the way this one is short & squatty, yet elegant. 
I chose a funky floral contrasting it with a simple line design for the outside & a green scroll for the interior. 
This pattern is the Madelyn Coin Purse from www.ithinksew.com. Overall this is an easy pattern to work with. The trickiest part is stitching the fabric to the frame. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, but I was using pink thread to match the outside & you can see it on the inside.

Update:  I listed it in my etsy shop and it sold within a couple hours!

www.etsy.com/shop/sigkapoli

No comments:

Post a Comment