28 May 2013

Summer Sewing


I confess, I did buy new fabric for the shorts. I usually stick to dresses and tops for the girls, but this summer finding shorts of an appropriate length sent me scrambling to JoAnn's for bottom-weight fabric. I bought 4 yards of darling twills, and 1 yard of a baby corduroy.  The shorts featured are from Burda #9481, view C. These feature cargo pockets on the sides for all their summer treasures. 
I also attempted some cutesy embroidery on the back yolk, but the pattern I chose needed a double needle (added to supply list). Hopefully it just looks like funky top stitching. 
Getting Miss T.E. to hold still long enough to snap the picture was only resolved when I agreed she could wear them today!
I'm heading back to the cutting table to make more shorts!



No comments:

Post a Comment